Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Inferno that is an Idea

It's funny the resilience of the Mind. In the few short weeks that I've been in school, I've found that the creativity and wit doesn't roll off my brain and formulate itself into an idea, like I thought it would. I have prided myself on my ability to be quick-thinking, but I'm realizing that, like bread dough, it needs to be constantly kneaded and made pliable before anything of value would be cooked up. On that note, just when I feel like I've exhausted all the ideas in my brittle mind, something will come to me. It's not always genius, sure, but it proves that there is that little spark in me that may someday turn into a big spark which may even end up starting a little fire...I'm not holding my breath in hopes that the fire will turn into a raging inferno, but perhaps that's the point - even the most brilliant writers aren't brilliant all the time. They just publish the best stuff and leave the millions of duds they came up with on the slaughterhouse floor.

No comments: