Sunday, February 17, 2008

Love is a Box of Paperclips

It's interesting: The Internet has become so advanced (with the advent of Web 2.0 and del.icio.us and stuff like that) that we build a digital version of ourselves. All of our personality traits and thoughts and feelings are written down in social networking sites and on blogs (such as this one). It's scary in a lot of ways, in fact. you never know if the person contacting you is really who they say.

I was thinking about doing a little experiment where I would build a person who is the exact opposite of me and enter her into the net that is Inter. I wonder: what SPAM emails she'd receive, who would contact her, and how she'd assimilate herself into the digital world?

It would defeat the purpose if I actually wrote it all out in detail though or told you when and where this would take place (if it would at all, considering my lack of motivation and time), so we'll just leave it at that...

1 comment:

Brynn Andre said...

Interesting topic. You bring up a good point about how you never really know if the person contacting you is legit. I'm a big Craigslister, and it makes me more careful.